I am a PhD student at the eXascale Infolab/University of Fribourg. I received a B.Sc. in Computer Science in Media from Hochschule Furtwangen, Germany, and an M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Fribourg. My master’s thesis won the JAACS best thesis award and the faculty award for the best thesis in theoretical sciences.
Throughout the course of my studies, I have completed internships at SAP, Credit Suisse, and Swisscom, working and researching on social, semantic, and streaming data.
Previously, I have also worked as a web and graphic designer.
- Laura Rettig, Shaban Shabani, Loris Sauter, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Maria Sokhn, and Heiko Schuldt. “City-Stories: Combining Entity Linking, Multimedia Retrieval, and Crowdsourcing to Make Historical Data Accessible.” In International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2021), 2021. Bibtex PDF
- Laura Rettig, Regula Hänggli, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “The Best of Both Worlds: Context-Powered Word Embedding Combinations
for Longitudinal Text Analysis.” In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, BigData, 2020. Bibtex PDF
- Laura Rettig, Julien Audiffren, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Fusing Vector Space Models for Domain-Specific Applications.” In IEEE 31st International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence,
ICTAI 2019, 2019. Bibtex PDF
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Laura Rettig, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “D2HistoSketch: Discriminative and Dynamic Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms.” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 2018. Bibtex PDF
- Shaban Shabani, Maria Sokhn, Laura Rettig, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Lukas Beck, Claudiu Tanase, and Heiko Schuldt. “City-Stories: A Multimedia Hybrid Content and Entity Retrieval System for Historical Data.” In Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Computational History (HistoInformatics 2017) Co-Located with the 26th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2017), 2017. Bibtex PDF
- Dingqi Yang, Bin Li, Laura Rettig, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “HistoSketch: Fast Similarity-Preserving Sketching of Streaming Histograms with Concept Drift.” In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM’17). New Orleans, USA, 2017. Bibtex Slides PDF
- Eugene Wu, Fotis Psallidas, Zhengjie Miao, Haoci Zhang, Laura Rettig, Yifan Wu, and Thibault Sellam. “Combining Design and Performance in a Data Visualization Management System.” In Proceedings of the 8th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR 2017). Santa Cruz, USA, 2017. Bibtex Slides PDF
- Laura Rettig, M. Khayati, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, and Michal Piorkowski. “Online Anomaly Detection over Big Data Streams.” In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Big Data 2015, Santa Clara, CA, USA, Oct 27- Nov 01, 2015. Bibtex PDF