I am a PhD student at the eXascale Infolab/University of Fribourg. I previously worked as a data science and big data developer at IBM Egypt. My work included building big data tools for analysing real time events in telecom and social media applications.
My research interests include distributed systems, databases, machine learning and big data applications.
- Alberto Lerner, Carsten Binnig, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Rana Hussein, Matthias Jasny, Theo Jepsen, Dan R. K. Ports, Lasse Thostrup, and Tobias Ziegler. “Databases on Modern Networks: A Decade of Research That Now Comes into Practice.” In To Appear in Proceedings of the 49th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB’23), 2023. Bibtex PDF
- Rana Hussein, Alberto Lerner, André Ryser, Lucas Bürgi, Albert Blarer, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “GraphINC: Graph Pattern Mining at Network Speed.” In Proceedings of the 2023 International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD ’23), 2023. Bibtex PDF
- Alberto Lerner, Rana Hussein, André Ryser, Sangjin Lee, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Networking and Storage: The Next Computing Elements in Exascale Systems?.” IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin 43, no. 1 (March 2020): 60–71. Bibtex PDF
- Alberto Lerner, Rana Hussein, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “The Case For Network Accelerated Query Processing.” In CIDR 2019, 9th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 2019. Bibtex PDF
- Rana Hussein, Dingqi Yang, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Are Meta-Paths Necessary? Revisiting Heterogeneous Graph Embeddings.” In Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’18), 437–46, 2018. Bibtex Slides PDF Code