Bio and Interests
I am a Senior Researcher at the eXascale Infolab at the University of Fribourg,
I received my Ph.D. in Electronics and Computer Engineering (ECE) from Hanyang University under the supervision of Prof. Yong Ho Song and Prof. Jinsub Park in 2022 in Seoul, South Korea.
I also got my BSc in ECE at Hanyang University under Prof. Yong Ho Song in 2014 in Seoul, South Korea.
My research interests include computer storage systems, especially exploring architectures to deliver better performance from a host interface perspective.
- Jinwoo Jeong, Kibin Park, Sangjin Lee, Philippe Bonnet, Alberto Lerner, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Far-and-Near: Co-Designed Storage Reliability Between Database and SSDs.” In CIDR 2023, 13th Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 2023. Bibtex PDF
- Moonseok Jang, Kexin Wang, Sangjin Lee, Hyeonggyu Jeong, In-Yeong Song, Yong Ho Song, and Jungwook Choi. “Achieving Low Write Latency through New Stealth Program Operation
Supporting Early Write Completion in NAND Flash Memory.” J. Syst. Archit. 133 (2022): 102767. Bibtex PDF
- Sangjin Lee, Alberto Lerner, André Ryser, Kibin Park, Chanyoung Jeon, Jinsub Park, Yong Ho Song, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “X-SSD: A Storage System with Native Support for Database Logging and Replication.” Proceedings of the 2022 International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD ’22). New York, NY, USA: Association for Computing Machinery, 2022. Bibtex PDF
- Alberto Lerner, Jaewook Kwak, Sangjin Lee, Kibin Park, Yong Ho Song, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “It Takes Two: Instrumenting the Interaction between In-Memory Databases and Solid-State Drives.” In CIDR 2020, 10th Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 2020. Bibtex PDF
- Youngil Kim, Jinwoo Jeong, Wang Kexin, Yong Ho Song, Seungdo Choi, Daeyong Lee, Joonyong Jeong, et al. “Low-Overhead Compressibility Prediction for High-Performance Lossless
Data Compression.” IEEE Access 8 (2020): 37105–23. Bibtex PDF
- Jaewook Kwak, Sangjin Lee, Kibin Park, Jinwoo Jeong, and Yong Ho Song. “Cosmos+ OpenSSD: Rapid Prototype for Flash Storage Systems.” ACM Trans. Storage 16, no. 3 (2020): 15:1–15:35. Bibtex PDF
- Alberto Lerner, Rana Hussein, André Ryser, Sangjin Lee, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Networking and Storage: The Next Computing Elements in Exascale Systems?.” IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin 43, no. 1 (March 2020): 60–71. Bibtex PDF
- Seungdo Choi, Youngil Kim, Daeyong Lee, Sangjin Lee, Kibin Park, Yun Heub Song, and Yong Ho Song. “Design of FPGA-Based LZ77 Compressor With Runtime Configurable Compression
Ratio and Throughput.” IEEE Access 7 (2019): 149583–94. Bibtex PDF
- Sangjin Lee, and Yong Ho Song. “Experimental Results of Implementing NVMe-Based Open Channel SSDs.” Flash Memory Summit, 2017. Bibtex PDF