My long-lasting research interest lies in the field of Natural Language Processing, Text Mining and Machine Learning. Since 2004 I create algorithms for problems related to Fact extraction, Named-entity recognition, Text classification and Web-search. During my previous career path I was working in such companies as Yandex and Microsoft, and had a successful startup in the petroleum industry.
At Exascale Infolab my goal was to create a solid expertise in modern Big Data infrastructures (mostly distributed indices) and apply this knowledge in IR-related projects.
The core topic of my PhD thesis is Dependency-Driven Analytics which is a new pattern in data analytics, where massive volumes of largely unstructured data are accessed through a compact and semantically-rich dependency graph.
Big Data; Machine Learning; Text Mining; Natural Language Processing; Information Retriveval;
- Julia Proskurnia, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Carlos Castillo, Karl Aberer, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Efficient Document Filtering Using Vector Space Topic Expansion And
Pattern-Mining: The Case of Event Detection in Microposts.” In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM on Conference on Information and Knowledge
Management, CIKM 2017, Singapore, November 06 - 10, 2017, 457–66, 2017. Bibtex PDF
- Ruslan Mavlyutov, and Philippe Cudre-Mauroux. “Managing Big Interval Data with CINTIA the Checkpoint INTerval Array.” Transactions on Big Data (TBD), 2017. Bibtex PDF
- Ruslan Mavlyutov, Carlo Curino, Boris Asipov, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Dependency-Driven Analytics: A Compass for Uncharted Data Oceans.” In Proceedings of the 8th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR 2017). Santa Cruz, USA, 2017. Bibtex Slides PDF
- Sangeetha Abdu Jyothi, Carlo Curino, Ishai Menache, Shravan Matthur Narayanamurthy, Alexey Tumanov, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Jonathan Yaniv, et al. “Morpheus: towards Automated SLOs for Enterprise Clusters.” In Proceedings of OSDI’16: 12th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 117, 2016. Bibtex
- Julia Proskurnia, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Roman Prokofyev, Karl Aberer, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Analyzing Large-Scale Public Campaigns on Twitter.” In International Conference on Social Informatics, 225–43. Springer, 2016. Bibtex
- Alexander Butyaev, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Mathieu Blanchette, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, and Jerome Waldispuhl. “A Low-Latency, Big Database System and Browser for Storage, Querying and Visualization of 3D Genomic Data.” Nucleic Acids Research, 2015. Bibtex PDF
- Ruslan Mavlyutov, Marcin Wylot, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “A Comparison of Data Structures to Manage URIs on the Web of Data.” In ESWC. Springer, 2015. Bibtex PDF
- Ruslan Mavlyutov, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “CINTIA: A Distributed, Low-Latency Index for Big Interval Data.” In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Big Data 2015, Santa
Clara, CA, USA, October 29 - November 1, 2015, 619–28, 2015. Bibtex PDF
- Roman Prokofyev, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Martin Grund, Gianluca Demartini, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Correct Me If I’m Wrong: Fixing Grammatical Errors by Preposition Ranking.” In CIKM. CIKM ’14. Shanghai, China: ACM, 2014. Bibtex PDF
- Alexander Butyaev, Ruslan Mavlyutov, Mathieu Blanchette, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, and Jerome Waldispuhl. “3DGB: A Low-Latency, Big Database System and Browser for Storage, Querying and Visualization of 3D Genomic Data,” n.d. Bibtex
Source of inspiration