I am a PhD candidate at eXascale Infolab, University of Fribourg in Switzerland. The focus of my PhD is on developing machine learning methods for tumor detection, and I am excited to be collaborating with the radiology department at the Cantonal Hospital Fribourg for my current project.
Additionally, I have worked on event detection based on textual information from social media, unstructured information extraction from bibliographic document images, and social network analysis for academic communities. I completed my Masters in Computer Science from TU Kaiserslautern, Germany with specialization in Intelligent Systems, and Master’s thesis at DFKI Kaiserslautern.
- Yasamin Eslahi, Akansha Bhardwaj, Paolo Rosso, Kurt Stockinger, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “Annotating Web Tables through Knowledge Bases: A Context-Based Approach.” In 2020 7th Swiss Conference on Data Science (SDS). IEEE, 2020. Bibtex PDF
- Akansha Bhardwaj, Jie Yang, and Philippe Cudré-Mauroux. “A Human-AI Loop Approach for Joint Keyword Discovery and Expectation Estimation in Micropost Event Detection.” In AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI’20). New York, USA, 2020. Bibtex PDF
- Akansha Bhardwaj, Albert Blarer, Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, Vincent Lenders, Boris Motik, Axel Tanner, and Alberto Tonon. “Event Detection on Microposts: a Comparison of Four Approaches.” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering PP (October 2019): 1–1. Bibtex PDF
- Dominique Mercier, Akansha Bhardwaj, Andreas Dengel, and Sheraz Ahmed. “SentiCite - An Approach for Publication Sentiment Analysis.” In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Agents and Artificial
Intelligence, ICAART 2018, Volume 2, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal,
January 16-18, 2018., 422–29, 2018. Bibtex PDF
- Akansha Bhardwaj, Dominique Mercier, Hisham Hashmi, Sheraz Ahmed, and Andreas Dengel. “Academic Community Explorer (ACE) for Syntactic, Semantic and Pragmatic
Document Analysis.” In 14th IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition,
ICDAR 2017, Kyoto, Japan, November 9-15, 2017, 262–67, 2017. Bibtex PDF
- Akansha Bhardwaj, Dominik Mercier, Andreas Dengel, and Sheraz Ahmed. “DeepBIBX: Deep Learning for Image Based Bibliographic Data Extraction.” In Neural Information Processing - 24th International Conference, ICONIP, 286–93, 2017. Bibtex PDF